While dogs are known to be forever loyal and well-behaved, cats like to keep you guessing. At first glance, they seem to only take naps all day, but as soon as you turn your back they transform into devious little thieves, bullies, and vandals!
To make matters worse, it’s tough to punish a cat for their misdeeds. They don’t easily associate water sprays or raised voices with what they’ve done. When your cat keeps pulling stunts and you can’t get them to stop, there’s only one thing left to do: hilariously shame them on the internet!
1. Ah, classic sibling rivalry. Fighting over toys, the best spot on the couch, who gets to watch TV, and of course, who gets the most food. This orange one needs to stop being greedy before her sister gets a black eye!
2. When your pet misbehaves, it’s not always enough to shame them on the internet with a sign depicting their naughtiness. These cat-owners made their bad kitty wear a hat as punishment too, and we are here for it!
3. Bullies are never welcome and should face severe repercussions when they’ve been a little mean. Apparently, this cat’s hiss is even worse than its bite because he’s scared off not one, but several big dogs!
4. Of course, not everyone is as tough as the previous two bullies. Cats are known to fight each other, but you have to know your strengths and limits. This cat clearly didn’t.
5. Cats can wreak quite some havoc when alone, but when partnered up? They are truly unstoppable. It looks like the orange one cleans himself a little too much, and the other is just turning it into a disaster.
6. “Mom, look what I’ve brought you!” It wouldn’t be the first time a cat proudly presented a small, unwelcome, dead animal to their owner, but it’s supposed to be kitty’s own prey, not something rotten from the side of the road.
7. Feline friends are famous for knocking things down. Mugs, phones, pencils — nothing is safe on your table, counter, or shelf. You better glue them down or hide them elsewhere because kitty does clearly NOT approve.
8. While cats themselves are super secretive about their bathroom habits, they can be extremely interested in OUR bathroom business. Try going #2 with this guy staring at you…
9. There’s nothing like a good cat opera to wake you up in the middle of the night thinking someone has been murdered. Although we shouldn’t blame them for being active when it’s dark, no one appreciates an early morning screech fest.
10. Whether they’re climbing up your curtains, scratching up your furniture, stinking up the place, or straight up breaking your blinds, your cat will find a way to make you lose that security deposit. Was it worth it?
11. This young kitten may have simply wanted to play with the fish or drink out of the tank, but we remain a little bit suspicious. Were you trying to eat your adoptive sibling, little one? Either way, it looks like the fish won.
12. Unfortunately, this cat was a little more successful. We’re starting to sense a pattern here… Maybe, just maybe, cats and fish don’t go together. You can keep trying, though!
13. To a cat, there is nothing better than a warm laptop with a fun keyboard to step all over. Especially when their human is trying to work. “Oops, your whole desktop in the trash? I’ll keep purring anyway.”
14. “Excuse me… what are you doing?” “Mind your own business human… and shut the freaking door!” If you haven’t had your toilet paper torn up, you’ve never owned a cat.
15. Who knew cats liked not only regular fish but cheddar-flavored goldfish snacks as well? This little one has taken snacking to the next level. He’s clever enough to hide the snacks and eat them quietly, too!
16. We’re not sure who thought letting a cat and a hamster play together would be a great idea, but we hope they’ve at least learned from this experience. At least the hamster wasn’t eaten, but this doesn’t sound like a good time either.
17. While catnip is, of course, totally awesome, your cat needs to take it easy. Remember kitties: it’s hugs, not drugs! This guy got so spacey he couldn’t even make it to the litter box!
18. Imagine just swimming along, minding your own business, when suddenly a giant fur ball pukes, well, a giant furball into your home! Come on, cat! Did you hit the nip with the other guy?
19. “NOTHING beats a good cardboard box. Nothing. Not the Amazon order you’ve been looking forward to for days, and definitely not the new toy or play place you’ve bought for me. Just give me the box already, Cheryl.”
20. Eek! There’s only one thing worse than your cat bringing you a dead mouse: your cat bringing you a live mouse, and then dropping it into the toilet for you.
21. Surely if a human did this, there would be greater consequences than just a sign and a picture on the internet! This brand new mamma cat doesn’t seem to be bothered one bit. Someone’s ready to start a family!
While some animals might fess up to their bad deeds, other pets are just caught red-handed. Just take this guy. We all know cats and hamsters and fish don’t mix, but an adventurous cat and a brightly-lit Christmas tree is a CATastrophe waiting to happen.
“Oh… I was just checking to see if the asparagus was fresh. I swear!” This little guy’s eyes just say it all, don’t they? He knows exactly what he did, and he is terrified to have been caught.
“There’s a what where? I’m sorry, I don’t know what ‘lid’ means. It it that thing you’re always feeding whenever you want to throw out the food that you could have just given to me? Oh, it is? Okay, got it.”
“Hey friend! Why don’t you just go ahead and jump in with me? Uh, yeah, the water’s just a little bit warm. Don’t worry about that. I definitely had nothing to do with that, trust me.”
“At last, I will destroy—no, uh, I definitely wasn’t doing anything! That stuffed caterpillar is just, um, playing with me! Yeah, that’s right, we’re the best of friends. Tell them we’re friends, buddy!”
“I regret nothing! I don’t even mind the fact that I appear to be trapped in this huge, fluffy pillow. I am comfortable right now, and that is all that matters. So hey, leave me alone!”
“What? No, I’m not doing anything. I was just, uh, making sure you had your wallet. I’m happy to report that it’s safe and sound. Yup, it’s right here in your purse, where it’s always been. Untouched. Why do you have that look on your face?”
“Oh, hello. I’m in a bit of a conundrum here. What? Oh no, the hangers are fine. It’s just that I can’t seem to figure out what clothes to wear today. It’s humid, so I want to avoid polyester, but this striped top would look so good with these skinny jeans. Ah, fashion!”
“Nope, nothing’s wrong. Everything’s good here! We’re getting along just fine, actually. We weren’t fighting at all. We adore each other! We were just talking about red dots, and how much we love them!”
“Oh, gosh, no, it’s not what it looks like! We’re just wrestling… right, Ernie? Either way, I can assure you that whatever it is that you think you see, it is completely consensual and beautiful.”
“You, know, my friend, it’s actually pretty nice in here! You should really try this sometime. It’s like your very own personal jacuzzi. I honestly don’t understand why you sit on this and not in this.”
“I totally wasn’t scratching him and hissing at him.” “Wait, that’s not tru—” “Hush, you! See? We’re the best of friends. We’re not fighting, just playing. Talking about TV shows. And who should control the remote, which we decided was me.” “No we didn’t!” “Yes. We. Did.”
“Lipstick? No. Never heard of it.” What do you think? Does this cute little pup look better or worse with all of that makeup on her face? Maybe with a little more precision, she could host her own YouTube tutorial!
“Ooh, this is really prett—ABORT. ABORT MISSION.” You can watch this gif countless times, and it still would be amazing. There’s so much going on here: the curiosity, the realization that she’s been caught red-handed, the slowly backing away…
“Why am I up here? Well, for starters, I have such a better view of the kitchen from this spot. I can watch everything that you’re cooking. And once it’s finished, I can just take a nosedive right in!”
“I was just breaking in your shoes. And your hat, too. Yeah, you know how uncomfortable hats can be if you haven’t been wearing them for a little while. They get stiff. That’s a thing, right?”
“He can’t punish me if I don’t look him in the face. So I’ll just go ahead and say that I’ll never look at his face again. Sure, I’ll have to live with the top of a garbage can for the rest of my life, but at least I won’t have to face the shame.”
“Oh… you’re home early. Look, the way that I choose to make my own money on nights and weekends is nobody’s business than my own, okay? I don’t judge you for your job!”
“Hey! I remember you said you wanted to go grocery shopping soon, so I took it upon myself to read all the circulars. There are so many things on sale right now! Squeaky toys, puppy chow… I even clipped all the coupons for you. Aren’t you happy?”
“Pardon me? I just got out of the shower. I was actually about to shave my beard. Can this wait? …Oh, there’s someone at the door? It’s my date? Ah! Tell her to give me a minute!”
“Well, I guess this is my life now.” This is what happens when curious kitties don’t think things through when they go exploring. We’ve heard of them getting caught up in tall trees and muddy holes, but the couch? Now that’s a new one!
“I think the cat did that. Actually, come to think of it… yeah, I saw her do it. She was all like, ‘I’m going to make a big mess for the humans to clean up and you can’t stop me!’ and I was like ‘nooooo!’ So it’s her fault. Wait… what do you mean we don’t have a cat?”
“Oh, see, my paw was hot, and I figured that the fish wouldn’t mind if I went ahead and cooled it down by dipping it into their tank here. No, of course I wouldn’t try to eat them! What kind of cat do you think I am? Geez!”
“No way, I totally wasn’t going to eat the ice cream! All I was going to do was make sure that you didn’t have anything in here that would tempt you from your diet, and… okay I was going to eat it. Don’t judge me!”
“It attacked me! What, was I supposed to do—just lie down and let myself get beaten up? I had to defend myself! It’s been a long, bloody battle, and I’ve been injured. But I emerged victorious! At least… I think I did.”
“What did I do while you were gone, you ask? Oh, nothing. Just sat around mostly. No, of course I didn’t destroy any of your super fluffy pillows. The fish did that. You should really get rid of them, you know.”
“I saw you were attempting to make something and figured I’d help. It’s okay, my paws are clean. Sometimes you just need to knead it by hand to get the dough just right. Cats just have that special touch. They don’t call it ‘Meow Mix’ for nothing!”
“Dude, I’ve had such a busy day today. I’ve lounged over there on that couch. I’ve lounged on this couch. I’ve napped on every pillow at least twice. I’m so exhausted, I think I need another nap! Phew. This sure is a tough job.”
“No, we’re not play-fighting! I just caught Mr. Whiskers over here jumping in the mud outside and then stomping all over the couch with his dirty paws. I’m actually making a citizen’s arrest!”
“Don’t go upstairs. Seriously, please don’t do it. You really don’t want to know what’s up there… okay, fine. You know that signed collection of Lord of the Rings books that you have? Well… used to have? Yeah, about that…”
“Don’t go in there. I’m telling you, this bathroom needs to be quarantined because someone did something really nasty in there. No, of course it wasn’t me! I’m just giving you a warning. Also, we should probably find the Poopetrator, whoever they are, before they strike again!”
“I’m just happy to see you come home! I mean, yes, I did eat all of the cupcakes, and yes, they were absolutely amazing. But I love you even more than I love those delicious baked goods!”